Wednesday Workout: 45 Minute Full-Body Challenge
Ever since I started coaching rowing in the fall of last year I've felt an insatiable urge to revisit all my old rowing workouts. If you don't know much about rowing workouts it's essentially this: an insane cardio-intensive sport that requires all your muscles to be really strong and for you to essentially be The Hulk. I think that about sums it up.
In general I don't like telling people to do things that I wouldn't do myself. When I tell my rowers to workout, it seems only fair that I at least try some of the things I'm making them to do make sure that it's relatively reasonable, right? And since I'm already at the gym after practice, I now have no excuse not to workout. Conveniently, my husband coaches here too and usually wants to stay after practice for a lift. I literally cannot escape the fitness, you guys. It's chasing me.
I've been posting some snippets of our fitness adventures on my Instagram and a lot of you have messaged me asking to share my workouts and I thought why not? I like to get on the pain train, as I say, so don't expect this to be particularly fun, pleasant, or to feel good the next day. Dan wrote this workout so it is especially painful. We did this on Sunday and I still can't lift my arms above my head. Damn you, pull-ups.
I listed below to try to go through this series as many times as possible in 45 minutes, but if that sounds absolutely fucking bananas to you, try to get through two times moving at a brisk pace with limited breaks. You got this, babe.
Use any weight you want. This recipe can also be done 100% without equipment! Swap out pull-ups for push-ups if you don't have a bar nearby, do the ab workout without the ball, use body-weight only for the flies/punches/squats, and go for a quick run for cardio. I just got rid of your excuses for you. You're welcome.
- 10 Pull-Ups. If you are seeing pull-ups on here and totally panicking, don't! I do mine using pull-up assist bands while I'm building muscle.
- 10 Stability Ball V-Up Exchanges
- 10 Single Leg Squats/leg (20 total!)
- 15 Flies
- 15 Stability Ball Windshield Wipers (30 total!)
- 15 Box Jumps
- 6 Times Dumbel Punch Matrix. I can't find a good video on this, but think of it like this: Right arm punches down, Left arm punches down. Right arm punches forward, left arm punches forward. Right arm punches up, left arm punches up. Repeat 6 times.
- 45 Seconds each of side plank (both sides), regular plank, and a Pilates bridge hold
- 4 Minutes on the Assault Bike. If you don't have an Assault Bike available, try 4 minutes of your favorite cardio!
Repeat as many times through as you can in 45 minutes!
To access the products, click on the images!
If I don't have music to workout to I literally will just skip the whole thing. I'm that high maintenance. Who knows, you might be great at working out to silence, but that shit drives me insane. That benig said, my favorite songs from this week have been added to the playlist!
Let me know if you try it! Make a buddy do it with you too. It's only fair.
Donuts + Down Dog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.